December 11, 2011

One Hour In-- Fallout 3

Don't let the title deceive you... that's one hour in of my third play-through. With the news of New Vegas: GOTY being released in February, I thought it was apt to visit the Capital Wasteland one last time before relocating permanently to the Strip.


Being my third play-through, I really only have two goals this time around:

1. Be an insane person.
2. Get the only achievement I haven't gotten (Level 8 w/ Neutral Karma)

Don't ask me why that's the only achievement I haven't gotten. I don't know the answer. All I know is that thing has mocked me for the longest time. So it's Personality-less Joe until I cut loose at level eight.

Make that Personality-less Jane actually. I ended up picking a female character this time around because I was horrified by the prospect of picking my own gender with little to no information about gender-roles in the outside world. My roommates yelled at me to be a girl, and one challenged me that I could not make myself attractive... long-story short I became a girl (attractive). My childhood was brief and uneventful. It was all a big blur of radroaches, G.O.A.T.s, and Tunnel Snakes.

I know...

This time around I decided the Tunnel Snakes did not rule and took the three in a fist fight. After winning I pretty much decided if anything was to die by my hand, it would be punched to death. Anyways, cut to everyone trying to kill me in the vault and my decision to make like a tree and get out of there. I did hit on Amata... because my girl hits on everybody. I also yelled at her dick-overseer dad to stop beating her up. He agreed and pleaded with me to surrender.

Alright so normally I wouldn't hand over my weapons and surrender to anyone who was clearly a douche, but my roommates once again chimed in. So I reluctantly did as I was told. The Overseer then loudly proclaimed:

    "Aha! Fooled you! Now killing you will be super easy!"

So I beat the piss out of him with my bare fists. Amata wasn't really happy with me after that even when I clearly explained to her that I handed her father a gun that he immediately started shooting me with. Oh, I forgot to mention I killed Butch. Dude wouldn't even save his own grandma. I'm giving his jacket to a death claw.


After that I spent my time alternately stealing and donating to the church in Megaton.

War never changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment